Tuesday, April 01, 2014

It's Juicing Time!

Awhile back I was going through my Netflix queue and found the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead which is an amazing piece of work put together by a fellow by the name of Joe Cross.  He was a bigger man struggling with a auto-immune disease of which he was on medications for.  He had been following a typical diet of fast food, carbohydrates, sugars and not too many fruits and veggies. He decides to go on a 10 day juice cleanse (medically supervised).  He then reaches the 10 days and decides to go for 30 and then 60 days. This documentary is something you need to watch! Just to see the transformation, I am not going to ruin it for you and tell you the whole thing.  However I am going to tell you after watching him juice his meals 3 square meals a day of fruits and vegetables and seeing this transformation I am a believer and ready to start my journey into the juicing craze.  I am going to embark on a 10 day juicing cleanse.  Is it going to be easy? Nope. Is it going to be fun? Nope.....but worth it? Yes. I am determined with my health issues to get on track, start getting better.  I have quit smoking, so this is just another step in the right direction.  I will keep you posted for the next 10 days on what I am feeling and also what juices I use everyday. I will be drinking approx 4 juices a day (one for breakfast, one for lunch, one for dinner and then one for dessert) and having 2 snacks of nuts (for protein). My goal is going to be to eventually do meal replacement with the juicing and after the cleanse re-introduce dinners (lean meats, whole grains and of course veggies).  But for breakfast and lunch I would have a juice instead of a meal.  I will definitely post the recipes all of which I am getting off Mr. Cross's website: Reboot With Joe  if you would like to read up more about Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, you can do so on IMDb: HERE

For updates on my cleanse stay tuned! All I can say is once you watch that documentary you are going to likely want to embark on a journey of your own! :)



No comments: