Friday, March 06, 2015

One Small Step At a Time....

So I had my doctors appointment March 3rd and I had the chance to be weighed again.  I was so nervous stepping on that scale.  I thought, what if I didn't lose anything? What if I gained weight? But sure enough I have lost 28 pounds!!!! That's right I have LOST 28 pounds!! I am in shock! I can't believe it.  I am so happy that my hard work has been paying off.  I went from my highest weight of 604 lbs down to now 576 lbs.  I am more determined than ever to keep on this track.  I am aiming to lose 100 lbs at least before I have weight loss surgery.  I am currently following a low carb diet trying to limit myself to no more than 100g of carbs a day.  I was going to try for 50g, but right now because I am limiting a lot of other aspects of my diet I have decided to get used to eating around 100g of carbs before I cut back to 50g.  I am not eating ANY pasta, potatoes, brown rice or bread.  I am making sure that I eat enough protein and veggies.  I am right now walking around my apartment still until spring when I can start walking up and down the road to get some exercise.

I am beyond proud of myself for sticking to this.  It has been about 40 days since I have started tracking my food and what I have been eating.  I am committed to this process and it is a lifestyle change.  I feel a lot better than I have felt in a long time.  

Stay tuned for more updates!




1 comment:

James Millard said...

Congrats. I know it isn't easy losing weight. You have done a great job with your first big effort. Keep up the good work, it will be worth it.