Sunday, March 09, 2014

Stereotyping....


I am so angry right now so here is a rant. Maybe a rant and a half. So who here has Twitter? Well @peoplemag who reported a story on a 12 year old girl who weighs 203 lbs and is unable to lose the weight as she has a hypothalamic disorder which prevents her from losing the weight. Medically she has an issue and they are raising the funds to have Gastric Bypass surgery done so she can have a normal life again. 

So some ass decides to write "I feel bad but no weight gain is uncontrollable" or something along those lines. So I decided to tweet back because seriously how can you be so ignorant regarding a 12 year old little girl. It really pisses me off how people stereotype that overweight, or obese people are sitting around shoving sweets and candy and food down their throats when clearly that is not the case I am sure this 12 yr olds mother is not doing that. So this guy writes me back and decides to say "It is basic law of physics burn off more than you take in" and that "nobody gains weight from air and water" so I fired back that maybe he needs to look up what she has and also something called PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). As clearly medical issues can cause weight issues. 
Want to know the best part of this that he reveals in the next tweet..........."I am a nurse......."
WTF are you fighting me for?!?!?!?!? 

I am not saying everyone with a weight problem has a medical issue, and that normally the recipe is "burn more than you consume". But honestly this guy was being so ignorant I couldn't stand it!

I personally have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which causes you to gain weight and even makes it hard for you to lose weight, am I saying that I am perfect and I have never eaten things I should not have? No! But I have honestly also tried very hard to lose weight multiple times and do watch what I eat and still fail to lose weight. I too am going to eventually be getting a Gastric Bypass. My main rant here is don't judge a book by its cover! Don't stereotype people because honestly unless you know the whole story under there.....how can you "think" you know everything!!



Here is Alexis's story (the 12yr old girl):

No comments: