Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Why?!?! My Five Wives....

I was flipping through stations today and came across the show My Five Wives.  If you have not seen the commercial or are living under a rock it is about a Utah polygamous family, which includes 1 man, 5 wives and 24 children between them.  

I wasn't going to watch it.  But my curiosity got the better of me.  I mean to each their own, but even the wives don't seem too happy to share a husband with each other. Which I can't blame them! 

My question is why? Why is polygamy even legal anywhere? What type of person would want to get into a relationship like that? Why does this have to be the basis of a reality TV show? I believe marriage is between a man and a woman alone not between a man and women. 
Even the wives were saying things like "I don't like to think of him in her bed".  Why even sign up for that type of relationship? 

I just do not understand how this is a healthy family dynamic for all these kids.  Or how it is a healthy relationship dynamic for these women!!

I guess whatever makes you happy? What are your thoughts?


No comments: