Monday, September 30, 2013

Quitting Smoking Sucks.

So I know that I have written a lot about quitting smoking the past couple blog posts. However honestly I think that it is one of the hardest things I have ever done.  The last time I attempted to quit I made it 6 days that was with the aid of Champix and a e-cigarette. This time I am trying without the Champix.  The Champix not only gave me horrible dreams, it made me so agitated (yes more than I am right now) and angry.  So this time I am trying with the aid of the e-cigarette only.  

The roller coaster of emotions I am feeling is just crazy, one minute I feel like I could chew metal and spit it out, the next I feel like crying.  I feel like I have nothing to do....which is crazy because I do, but I feel like I have this big void without smoking.  Which sounds crazy, but that is how I feel.  Also the last time I tried quitting I was tired all the time. This time I am again tired.  Which is kinda crappy because I don't want to sleep the day away.  I want the cravings for the nicotine to go away.

Last time I tried quitting I did feel better. I felt like this haze had been lifted. First off the cigarette smell was gone, secondly I felt like I could breathe again, third I felt like I was in control for once because I was the one not giving in and smoking.  However when I decided to smoke again I felt like a huge failure.  I guess the good thing is that I am learning from each time I try.  That I am not giving up. I don't expect this to be easy, I know it won't be. 

Oh and blogging is going to be part of my outlet, so I know you may get sick of reading about it.....but too bad! :) 

Have any of you quit smoking out there? What did you do to help combat your cravings? 




No comments: