Friday, September 27, 2013

Take 2....Quitting Smoking Again....

So anyone who knows me knows that I lack willpower. So I am going to be trying once again to quit smoking after this pack is gone, I have approx 15 cigarettes left.  Once they are gone that is it! This time I mean it! I am so tired of saying I am quitting, I need to actually do it. Last time I made it 6 days, this time I am going to do it for good!! 

I have to go for surgery and unfortunately you have to have quit smoking for 6 months before the surgery can be preformed. This surgery will benefit not only my physical but my mental health.  I keep putting off quitting and going back to smoking because I suffer from anxiety, and I get not only extremely agitated but incredibly anxious when I don't smoke.  But.....as I was talking to a friend who went through this surgery, you have to want the surgery more. SO with that being said.....THIS IS IT! There is never going to be a magical time to quit that everything will be going right in my world, so I have to just suck it up and do it.  Is it going to suck? Likely. But the payoff will be worth it in the end, I just have to keep reminding myself of that fact.

So have any of you struggled to actually do something? Achieve a goal? 


No comments: